Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Respiratory Medication

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cottonrat

cottonrat

Respiratory Medication Empty
PostSubject: Respiratory Medication   Respiratory Medication Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 pm

What do you all think are the best combos for respiratorys?? :/
My rats haven't really had respiratorys and it's been treatable with Baytril, one with an injection which I kinda can't remember... D: Thanks?
Back to top Go down
Rat!
Admin
Rat!

PostSubject: Re: Respiratory Medication   Respiratory Medication Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 pm

I generally go with doxy&baytril add metacam or steroid if needed and if chronic, Zithromax with Doxy.
Back to top Go down
https://ratforumuk.forumotion.com
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

PostSubject: Re: Respiratory Medication   Respiratory Medication Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:11 am

It depends. I've used various meds but just the usual, Metacam, Baytril, Prednsialone, Dexmethasone, Doxyclyine, Zithromax (big thumbs up sign there)... Septrin is not as easy to get your hands on. It has worked with a few of mine, but with others, has had no effect. But no bad effects. Smile
Back to top Go down
lostbutnotforgotten
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
lostbutnotforgotten

PostSubject: Re: Respiratory Medication   Respiratory Medication Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Baytril and Doxy is the general for me. Metacam and steroid are my Big Gun meds... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Respiratory Medication   Respiratory Medication Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Respiratory Medication
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock) :: Rats :: Medical Room-
Jump to: