Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Split the group??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mattsRATS

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:25 pm

I got 4 rescue boys and all seemed fine, apart from them all being greedy.

I've noticed one is very possesive over food (Robert), he scares the others so much they don't eat and if it is solid foods run to the same hammock and all share some food in there. :/

He has started pinning them and biting them a lot.

Today he also dragged one off of the bars pale

Do I split them? He is fine all day and night, but then, when hungry, this starts! Suspect
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:36 pm

I had one with this problem, a real foodie indeed. I found that neutering DIDN'T work, simply eating in another cage and not having any food in the cage.

So I would feed them, him separate, clear away any food, and repeat this. I feed them 3 times a day rather than 2, as there was never food to go find and eat. Smile
Back to top Go down
mattsRATS

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Yeah, but FOODIE is an understatment Laughing

Thanks sweetheart Very Happy Will do what you say, as always. cheers
Back to top Go down
cottonrat

cottonrat

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Then maybe your name should be MattsFatts??

I had to say it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
lostbutnotforgotten
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
lostbutnotforgotten

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 pm

I ended up with a lone male over this. Crying or Very sad Lucky for him I was able to devote time, but it got less and less as work changed and I got him put down when he got a bad respo... because if he got better, he'd still be alone. And when sick they take great comfort from cagemates, so it was horrible for him in my HONEST opinion. Goodye wee angel. Always king of the house... king
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:04 pm

lostbutnotforgotten wrote:
I ended up with a lone male over this. Crying or Very sad Lucky for him I was able to devote time, but it got less and less as work changed and I got him put down when he got a bad respo... because if he got better, he'd still be alone. And when sick they take great comfort from cagemates, so it was horrible for him in my HONEST opinion. Goodye wee angel. Always king of the house... king

I think you made the right choice. pale
Back to top Go down
mattsRATS

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm

I'm sorry it came to that, he is a lovely buck, just this one probbo. We'll see how things go! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Split the group?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Split the group??   Split the group?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Split the group??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock) :: Rats :: Rat Behaviour-
Jump to: