Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CHF Meds - urgent - help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostbutnotforgotten
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
lostbutnotforgotten

CHF Meds - urgent - help Empty
PostSubject: CHF Meds - urgent - help   CHF Meds - urgent - help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:23 pm

One of my boys has suspected heart failure.
He's been on cominations of respiratory meds all of his life and it's never properly cleared it.
He is seeing the vet in a few hours and so I really need fast replies - as in, what heart meds I should use with him. I have no idea about heart problems. Thank you guys xx
Back to top Go down
hammock maker

hammock maker

CHF Meds - urgent - help Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHF Meds - urgent - help   CHF Meds - urgent - help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:41 pm

i was going to type you a post but i thought pasting this from rat guide might be easier

* Lasix (a diuretic). May be used as a diagnostic tool to determine CHF (quicker acting than enalapril).
* Enalapril (or similar ACE inhibitor). May also be used as a diagnostic tool. (*Note: results may take up to three days).
* Atenolol (or similar beta blocker).
* Digoxin/Cardoxin in dilated cardiomyopathy. (*Note: use with extreme care if hypertrophic cardiomyopathy suspected.)

good luck with you little one

CHF Meds - urgent - help 14633
Back to top Go down

CHF Meds - urgent - help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock) :: Rats :: Medical Room-
Jump to: