Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My boy has cellulitis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BigYellowMonster

My boy has cellulitis Empty
PostSubject: My boy has cellulitis   My boy has cellulitis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 am

Marvin has been limping for a week and over the past 3 days his leg has become more and more swollen and off colour. I got back from work today and it had doubled in size (which seems impossible as it was so swollen already) and it's black (not totally, but you know, bruised kind of look). The vet diagnosed Marvin with cellulitis, but said nothing can be done apart from to "sit back, wait and see". I'm pretty annoyed as he seems in pain. Anything that I can do..?
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

PostSubject: Re: My boy has cellulitis   My boy has cellulitis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:20 am

He needs pain relief and antibiotic..... he needs AB/s as this is basically an infection.
The vet is neglecting his case.
Back to top Go down
Rat!
Admin
Rat!

PostSubject: Re: My boy has cellulitis   My boy has cellulitis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:49 am

Never heard of this before Suspect ...
Back to top Go down
https://ratforumuk.forumotion.com
Dottie

Dottie

PostSubject: Re: My boy has cellulitis   My boy has cellulitis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 pm

I actually had this myself 2 months ago and it can be very painful when it swells up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My boy has cellulitis   My boy has cellulitis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My boy has cellulitis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock) :: Rats :: Medical Room-
Jump to: