Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

concerned, what's wrong

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RatMum

concerned, what's wrong Empty
PostSubject: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 am

one of my nursing does has a problem not sure what's up pale

nose bleed, all through the day. not seen the blood come out, but around her nose

and blood fromher eyes too Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

her eyes are withdrawn

she is responsive but doesn't come when called and usually does (maybe doesn't want to leave the babies thouh, not too sure tbh)

she has little red dots all over her, that seem to be.. alive. i feel like puking, are they rat -fleas?
ty
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 am

It's not blood, it's called phorphyrin. How is her breathing, can she hold food, any head tilt, obvious wounds?

Do you breed on purpose? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RatMum

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 am

what is phophryin rattiechick?

yes i did breed her on purpose (why the evil shake head face confused )
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:24 am

Rats get it when stressed, ill, unhappy... and some are just prone to it. It's from a gland behind their eyes. Smile

I put that smilie as you've passed on this illness to all of the babies now, and I don't know why there is yet ANOTHER breeder for NO apparent reason!
Back to top Go down
RatMum

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:25 am

i didn't know that she was sick when she was bred. i'm only breeding her as she is my first ever rat and i love her too much to let her go tbh Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rat!
Admin
Rat!

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:49 am

That isn't a reason to breed her, it is selfish and sadly even breeding her won't mean she will live forever. I'm sorry, but she won't. The babies aren't her, each rat is different and no other rat will be your girl sweetheart. It sounds like she is sick, how is she breathing?
Back to top Go down
https://ratforumuk.forumotion.com
RatMum

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 am

i know. i am sorry, i see that now.

her breathing is a bit noisy when you get close to her, her fur is puffy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 am

A respiratory problem....
What age are the babies? Is mum still nursing? concerned, what's wrong 142788 concerned, what's wrong 14633
Back to top Go down
Elliebj

Elliebj

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:00 am

If she is nursing the babies she can't get treatment because they'll get the meds through her blood. You may need to hand feed the bubs and get mum treatment. concerned, what's wrong 15385
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: concerned, what's wrong   concerned, what's wrong Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

concerned, what's wrong
Page 1 of 1