Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What diet should I use for baby rats???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
snugglerat

PostSubject: What diet should I use for baby rats???   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 pm

When my babies come to me in 2 weeks time they are gonna be around 8 weeks old.
I want to feed them the best possible diet... any suggestions annnnd what YOU feed is brilliant!
thanks!
J xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Holly

PostSubject: Re: What diet should I use for baby rats???   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Have you heard about the shunamite rat diet?
It is worth searching that on a search engine like google, it generally prevents select feeding and it's something my rats would never get bored of. You can change it around and put out little at a time without it costing very much at all Smile It's much healthier than any dry mix you'll find in a pet shop as well.

They can also eat fresh fruit and vegetables, I give them this every second day as every day would probably cause some problems with their motions Laughing Cool But they really enjoy a variety of foods. They can also eat some human-based treats like yoghurt etc, as long as the sugar and fat content is low in that.

The dry mix used should be 80% of their diet, and 20% should be a fresh food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What diet should I use for baby rats???
Page 1 of 1