Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My rat has a lump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
You

You

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm

i had my rats out for cuddle time and my lovely girl shona, who is 6 months old, has some kind of lump. it's soft and you can gently squeeze it, i can get my fingers around it, move it around quite a lot and so on. i heard rats can get abcesses, i had one recently afte an op (sorry it's a little off topic) and it's not like what my girl has, but i don't know what a rat abcess would appear like.
thank you for any advice, i'm so worried about her and hope she can fight it.
My rat has a lump 14633 My rat has a lump 181370
Back to top Go down
Holly

Holly

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Sorry to hear Shona has a lump, at that age I'd get her along to the vet and get it removed.... probably spayed at the same time to prevent any further lumps. She is young and deserves a longer chance at life Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:35 pm

It should be removable.

Holly, a spay won't benifet her. If she's going to get other lumps, she will get other lumps.
Back to top Go down
You

You

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:07 am

can rats be spayed? i've only ever owned cats and they have all been spayed/neutered but i didn't realise a rat could be put through such a major operation. it would worry me, i'm already freaking out over the prospect of a tumour removal. pale
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:33 am

They can be spayed, but as you suspect, it's a major surgery.
Something you really do have to think about and I know that from first hand experience.

How are things now??
Back to top Go down
You

You

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 pm

i took her to th vet and it's definitely a tumour - and it's removable... WOO cheers
she is booked in next monday. My rat has a lump 14633 My rat has a lump 14633
Back to top Go down
BIEGEHOODEDLOVER

BIEGEHOODEDLOVER

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Poor Holly but glad it will be removed.
Back to top Go down
BIEGEHOODEDLOVER

BIEGEHOODEDLOVER

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

I meant Shona Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:13 am

You wrote:
i took her to th vet and it's definitely a tumour - and it's removable... WOO cheers
she is booked in next monday. My rat has a lump 14633 My rat has a lump 14633

Brilliant Very Happy
Good luck Shona! x My rat has a lump 126993
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My rat has a lump Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rat has a lump   My rat has a lump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My rat has a lump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock) :: Rats :: Medical Room-