Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting rats PTS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

Getting rats PTS Empty
PostSubject: Getting rats PTS   Getting rats PTS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:40 am

This is the method my vet uses and the method I would call "the best, and most peaceful".
Please share experiences here though....

The vet will make sure the rat is unconscious using the isofluorane gas placed near their face using a mask or something along those lines, the vet then checks blink reflex, I always request that they are under as deeply as they would need to be for surgery, if not, deeper.

"The injection is given in the lower right side of the abdomen, with the vet being careful not to get it into any organs (as that would cause pain)."

This doesn't take long.
Back to top Go down
You

You

Getting rats PTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting rats PTS   Getting rats PTS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:19 pm

i've never had to go through it yet.

when you say this doesn't take long how long are you talking
Back to top Go down
BIEGEHOODEDLOVER

BIEGEHOODEDLOVER

Getting rats PTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting rats PTS   Getting rats PTS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

My vet puts a mask over their face, a tank would take longer. And then injects...
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

Getting rats PTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting rats PTS   Getting rats PTS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:13 am

BIEGEHOODEDLOVER wrote:
My vet puts a mask over their face, a tank would take longer. And then injects...

How did they find a mask small enough? That just reminds me of vet collars, distressing.

I think a tank is better but only if they've got a blanket at the bottom and perhaps you are there to talk to them. But sometimes a tank isn't good if they have a respiratory or something affecting their breathing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting rats PTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting rats PTS   Getting rats PTS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting rats PTS
Page 1 of 1