Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rat Forum UK (Inside the Hammock)

Inside the Hammock, is a forum for rat lovers to discuss rat health, breeding, rescuing, share pictures, diet, and really anything that is at all related to pet rats. Enjoy the forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Methonds of intro'ing rats

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Connie

Connie

Methonds of intro'ing rats Empty
PostSubject: Methonds of intro'ing rats   Methonds of intro'ing rats Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:52 am

I'm getting 2 new boy rats soon Smile
And i want to introduce them to my exsisting group of boys which is...

Bob Methonds of intro'ing rats 467789 , Dylan Methonds of intro'ing rats 467789 , Benny Methonds of intro'ing rats 467789 , John Methonds of intro'ing rats 467789 , Michael Methonds of intro'ing rats 467789 , Roo Methonds of intro'ing rats 126993 , Alec Methonds of intro'ing rats 126993 , Robert Methonds of intro'ing rats 126993 , and also Kiwi Methonds of intro'ing rats 567385

Done the baby/old/teen smilies to give you a guide on their ages too Very Happy lol!

How do I go about popping them together guys? scratch
Back to top Go down
RatTails

RatTails

PostSubject: Re: Methonds of intro'ing rats   Methonds of intro'ing rats Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 am

I think I've read about a 'carrier method' being the best Smile

I tried this method with 5 boys and 4 nwebies... original boys 8 months and newbies 4 months. Just a weeka go Very Happy I put them all in a cat carrier and then let them walk around the bed then put back into the carrier, went for a drive to get a takeaway and back home again.

By the time we got home all boys were Sleep !!Asleep!! and seemed fiiine!
I put them into a 'cambridge hamster cage' overnight, it's an all right size.

When I got up they were all asleep once again and not all together, but peacful and happy Very Happy

They have been together for a short while now so fingers crossed Smile
Back to top Go down
rattiechick222
Respected Member
Respected Member
rattiechick222

PostSubject: Re: Methonds of intro'ing rats   Methonds of intro'ing rats Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 2:59 am

I just saw this and think the carrier method is one of the worst... shoving rats into a small space is basically to scare them into huddling together. Unless I have lone rats that need company or think a group would really get on well together I don't intro mine.
Back to top Go down
Kate's Ratties

PostSubject: Re: Methonds of intro'ing rats   Methonds of intro'ing rats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 pm

I've done the carry method before with 2 lone girls, was not cruel at all... in fact, they seemed to enjoy huddling at the back of a carrier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Methonds of intro'ing rats   Methonds of intro'ing rats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Methonds of intro'ing rats
Page 1 of 1